Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 2 months ago

What is the most missed thing about your past growing up that put's an sadness in you.?

Favorite Answer

The wonderland that Christmastime as a child was. The setting for A Christmas Story was around fifteen years earlier but by my time, the way the streets and stores were decorated were not much different than the late '40s. There were six kids in my family and money was tight, but our parents always found a way to make Christmas special. My folks have been gone close to twenty years now and while they were still living, my wife and I kept the family tradition of having breakfast with them alive, us not having any children, while my siblings were spending the morning with their families. I don't feel depressed this time of year, or get depressed at all, because I recognized fairly early in life what the natural progression of life was. I just reminisce and wish I could experience those times again.

• BLACKHOLE!

My ma,ma and daddy had 9 kids and one dyed and i had a tumor but i some reason notice this year i always disliked christmas so much because i was getting things and i did not need them and then others would be mad because i gave them away to the ones who could use it.  

Both my mother and father were physically and verbally abusive. The conditions were so critical that all four children ended up needing to see a psychiatrist.

• Lee

That my cousins and I have grown apart over the years, and we don't talk anymore. We used to hang out pretty much every day and I looked forward to seeing them so much. My life pretty much revolved around them. Unfortunately, we started to meet less and less as we became teenagers and got our own friends. At present, I pretty much only seem them about once a year and when we do, there's nothing that makes us click anymore.

My lingering sorrow is the death of my beloved Grandmother when I was 17...