What kind of wire magnetically floats?

Details: I know coil can float with a current flowing through it, but I want to know what kind of wire can float (over a magnet) as is (without any currents or anything added). 

If the wire must be magnetized, that is acceptable.

Context:  I'm trying to make a project where I can bend wires into shape then add cotton to it and make it float... aka a floating cloud. Obviously, the components that I use to make this floating cloud may change because I still have no clue what kind of wire I can use that floats magnetically and is also able to bend the way I want it to.

Only a magnet (permanent or electromagnet) can "float" over other magnets - but even that setup tends to be very unstable, with the suspended magnet trying to "fall off" the field of the support magnets.

Magnetic suspension devices are generally active, with a powered coil attracting the suspended item and a sensor of some sort monitoring the suspension height & controlling the power to the lifting coil.

Edit - either buy something like this, that can levitate the wire or metal in your "cloud" - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8-Maglev-Floating-Globe...

Or you can build a similar gadget yourself:

https://www.designnews.com/gadget-freak/how-build-...

A wire carrying a current will float because it has a magnetic field around it.

You can make a coil with a tiny hearing aid battery supplying a current.  Include a high resistor to cut down the current and make the battery last longer.

• Thanks, but is there a wire that can float with no current flowing through it at all or is that impossible (for all intents and purposes)? 

Search for "diamagnetic" materials. There's no guarantee they'll float though. Bismuth, antimony, copper, gold, quartz are examples. Your best bet would be copper wire. I honestly don't think it's going to work how you're thinking though.