Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Is it wrong to want more for yourself?

I want more for myself but I feel so selfish going about it.

I got offered a great opportunity but away from my family. I want to leave my marriage and family and just go.

I've been held back for so many years by both and I've always had their best interest in mind. But for once I want to go and just... Be me?

Talk me out of it?

• MCM

I got a job offer in the bay but I haven’t told anyone I got no one but my grandkids here

Everything in life is a double edged sword.  Those who abandon relationships to advance materially can become the bitterest and most unhappy misers in the world.  It is their choice but they will never know love, friendship, support or any other human interaction.

• Poppy

You have the right to have your wants, no doubt, but taking action and abandoning your responsibilties just for yourself would make you kind of a selfish prick. But if you can find a compromise and/or a way for those responsibilties to be satisfied, that's more than fine, if you get what I mean.