Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPerforming Arts · 1 month ago

Guitar or piano?

Which is harder to learn?

I finally have free time between work and family and i want to try something challenging.

Also, do not tell me to go fishing, play golf, skateboarding, or pick up smoking.

My co-workers already annoy me with those options.

Piano is harder to learn and takes more money and time.

• Tony B

Assuming that you want to learn to play properly, even if only at a basic level, the piano is much harder than the guitar.

But, you need to go for the instrument you really want to learn. If you would prefer to play the piano then that's the one to go for.

• humpty

Piano is much harder. Whatever you do, though, learn to read music and do not just learn to vamp.

Personally, I would learn the guitar. Giving advice musically, learn the piano.

In the end it is really what YOU want to do. Neither is harder or easier. The piano would give you a much better background in music and understanding melodies, time signatures, etc - it is simply a better education in music. 

But if you don't care about music theory and that crap, the guitar is much more portable and relatable.