Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

What might happen with the impeachment inquiry against Donald Trump?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

The impeachment inquiry is over.  The House Intelligence Committee, which was conducting the inquiry, finished its final witness hearing about a week or two ago.  That's what the inquiry stage was: the committee gathering information and documents from witnesses.  After the Intelligence Committee finished the inquiry, they wrote a report and delivered it to the House Judiciary Committee, which is now set to send the official articles of impeachment to the full House floor for a full chamber vote.  There are 2 articles of impeachment:

Abuse of power

Obstruction of Congress

Before the full House can vote to impeach Trump, the Judiciary Committee must approve the articles.  They are expected to do so.  Then, the full House will vote on whether or not to impeach Trump.  They are expected to impeach him.  Once Trump is impeached by the House, he will go on trial before the Senate.  Selected members of the House will act as the prosecution, Trump's counsel will act as the defense, Chief Justice John Roberts of the Supreme Court will act as the presiding judge, and the 100 senators will be the jury.  To remove Trump from office, 67 senators most vote "guilty" on at least 1 of the 2 charges.  In the Senate, there are currently 53 Republicans, 45 Democrats, and 2 independents.  The Senate is expected to find Trump "not guilty" as of right now.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Anything might happen. I picture it as having a lot of subplots with characters we haven’t met yet and stunts we haven’t foreseen. Kind of like O.J. Simpson’s trial. Only it won’t last as long.

• 1 month ago

Looks like democrats in the house are running from it so it may not even pass the house. If it does pass the house it will be against bipartisan opposition, and will be dismissed in the senate along party lines.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Even democrats in the house have said they're going to vote against it.

This hoax nonsense was over when it began.  To all you demonrats out there with a Trump removal wet dream - here's the reality of it:  The senate is controlled by Republicans.  Which is an insta-kill for any impeachment agenda. 

This isn't opinion, it's not subjective - it's cold hard math.  100 senators, Republicans hold the majority, which means impeachment is dead in the water.

Don't like it?  Write your congressman.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

The Leftists have been doubling and tripling down on stupid for the past 3 years . Based on that I anticipate their going forward with impeachment , the Senate subpoenaing a dozen Democrats exposing the bias and malicious intent .

Once the Democrats last shred of credibility is destroyed , the Senate will strike down the impeachment and trump will win 2020 while the Lefties lose their majority in Congress .

• 1 month ago

One of three   things

1- House  votes to not impeach

2- House votes to impeach and the trial moves to the senate in 2020 and the senate votes 2/3 majority to impeach and remove Trump from office

3- House votes to impeach, trial goes to senate, senate votes against impeachment and Trump remains in office.

Given how everything has played out so far (key word so far), I'm leaning very heavily to option #3. Republicans have dug their feet in and are getting even more defensive of Trump the further impeachment hearings go on, I just don't all of the sudden see 2/3 of them in senate going against Trump, no matter how damning the evidence is.

I'd be shocked if hes actually impeached.

• 1 month ago

Still no vote on Impeachment in the House. I think there are a number of Democrats who aren't going for it, enough that they may spoil the lack of integrity Pelosi, Waters, Schiff, etc.

Attachment image
    Source(s): bisexual Christian
  • It is unconstitutional...it does not meet the burden

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.