Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

How do I calm down and relax?

I always seem to stress about something and it's now starting to affect me physically and mentally. I am stressing for finals next week and I feel like I am so unprepared and I try to study but I end up getting tired or end up procrastinating. If I don't get a 4.0 GPA, I won't get into the college I want and I am going to cry.

Try deep breathing thanks, while listening

Carefully to each inhalation and exhalation

Breaths for as long as you deem helpful and

Please ask doctor any further questions thanks.

Thanks

Very Best Wishes

Mars

Source :) Study Informal and Ethics

• j153e

Are you able to remember yourself as a happy, loving child, that is your soul, your inner sense (innocence)?  That is the part of you that is real; nurturing it and championing it is key to healing childish fears.

If you continue to stress about achieving goals and crying if you don't achieve them, would that be a pleasant life?  Is that your pattern?

For example, your college:  if you don't get in, you're seriously failing?  Do you understand that research indicates that being in the top half of your major colleagues promotes much better learning?  If you have to study so hard to be admitted, are you in the top half of your major?  If not, you're likely to learn more at a less-difficult college.  Also, do you know that undergrad college placement is not so important as undergrad gpa and gre (lsat, etc.) for professional programs?

So, you might try understanding yourself both as a Child of Light and as someone who ought be nurturing and strengthening her inner child, her soul, and not pushing it to do more than God wills.

Related:

"Understanding Yourself" by Mark Prophet;

"Youth:  Creators of the Future" by Omraam Aivanhov;

"Worthless:  The Young Person's Indispensable Guide to Choosing the Right Major" by Adam Clarey;

"101 Things that All Young Adults Should Know" by Sir John Hawkins;

"For Couples Only" by Shaunti Feldhahn;

"The Kindness Challenge" by Feldhahn.

Eat some good food and take a good dump and then refocus