jennifer asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

Will getting rhinoplasty threat my life while giving birth?

What I mean is, I want to get a nose job done, I am currently 19 (I wouldn’t get it now of course, probably at the age of 24) but for rhinoplasty my body will be exposed to high levels of anesthesia, same as giving birth.

So, supposing I get a nose job and a few years later I have a baby, exposing my body to high levels of anesthesia twice, could it mean I could die while giving birth? Would it bring my risks higher?

• MissA
    Favorite Answer

No, it won't increase your risk.

A very large fraction of women are capable of giving birth without any form of pain relief at all. And even those who do need pain relief don't generally get a general anaesthetic... epidurals and spinals are way more common.

• Tavy

All traces are gone within 2 days.

All traces of anaesthetic leave your body in a few days. There is no lasting effect. If you think you may be pregnant, your doctors/anaesthetists need to know. If you plan to get pregnant weeks or months in the future, that doesn't matter.