Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Many people think Trump will gain votes (from his supporters who will have a high turnout) from the impeachment?

I don't know that I agree with that thinking.  Trumpites are pretty enthusiastic anyway, and those who are not already enthusiastic are not going to become so because of impeachment.  Trump is not gaining new followers because of impeachment.  He is losing them.

The people who will vote for Trump are going to vote for Trump no matter what happens, is how I see it.  The question is whether those who do not like Trump are going to get out and vote rather than sitting it out like in 2016 when both candidates were dogmeat unworthy of a vote.  I think now that people have had to deal with Trump, there are not many who do not feel strongly either for or against, and I don't see impeachment changing anyone's mind.  Won't affect the vote at all.

• -j.

I doubt it, his base will turn out no matter what.  The question is whether independents will support him, and right now it doesn't look that good.

That’s a fond dream of Trump supporters that has no basis in fact. They just ignore that a majority of Americans want him impeached and removed. More than ever approved of that for Bill Clinton. When they finish the Articles and release the evidence to the public that number will only rise.

Then there’s how many voters he has lost already. Republican suburban women have turned against him, Independents as well, and there isn’t going to be a Democrat too lazy to vote this time around. His polls in the purple states he won have turned against him. Farmers and steel workers are furious. Consider all that and then remember Trump only won the Electoral College by a measly 77,000 votes.

• zeno

Even moderate democrats are against the

Fake impeachment and will vote for trump

To show how poorly they think of AOC and

Pelosi and all the other socialist extremists

Pushing this fake investigation. Your only

Costing yourself a huge loss by trying to

impeach Trump.

• I’m a moderate Democrat and you’re full of it. 

The Leftists attack on Trump is just as much an attack on each one of our votes for him .

I'll be damned if I am going to allow some Leftist scum to negate the value of my vote . I must assume there are plenty of others that share my sentiment .

• Ryde,0n
      1 month agoReport

I didn't support Clinton's impeachment either even though he was clearly guilty of perjury and obstruction . Besides that was 20 years ago , WTF does it have to do with anything taking place today ?

Trump will serve a second term and the economy will continue to thrive. 

The problem he faces is that the only areas showing growth are ones he was basically guaranteed to win anyway.  A larger turn out in Alabama really won't bolster him too much if he's losing confidence in a key swing state like Pennsylvania.

Many people on this site do not know how to post an actual question and then get reported for posting non-questions

BTW don't know how this delinquent child that commented circumvented my block list. Guess I will have to report her as well.

• Ryde,0n
      1 month agoReport

Maybe you just have comprehension problems ?

Trumps supporters are solid...he can only gain new support.

More people think he's a very unpopular disgrace.