Denying a job ?

I denied a job from a temp agency an they used that against be. But not my reasoning for denial. The job I was offered I had no experience with it was for one day , I told my employer I didn't want a one day job I wanted a close comparable assignment as my previous working Monday-sunday that I had experience with, I was offered 9$ an hour 2$ less than my previous, I also didn't want to take the job because where they were trying to place me people sell drugs an it's not the environment I'm looking for, I also explained to my employer it would be a hazard for me to go out an do furniture deliverys without proper training what if I make a mistake an I drop merchandise it would all fall back on me after all who wants to truly train a guy that's only there for one day I told my employer it wasn't suitable work for me ? Is my reasoning good enough to deny the job I did ? My hearing is tomorrow thanks for any advice

Unemployment claim hearing tomorrow, the officer wants to clarify that I refused the job with good cause 

When I was unemployed, I was told you have to show up for any job that was offered.  It's a "hazard" to deliver furniture because you don't have proper training?  Here's a tip...lift with your legs.

• Jason2 months agoReport

I believe you but just because you are unemployed doesn't mean the employer can force you to take a job your not trained to do, I know my grounds 

Sorry, but if you are out of work, go to work when it is offered. Simple. Sure, you'd LIKE to have a certain thing, but wise up and take what is offered. If your hearing is an unemployment hearing, you are going to have an issue, yes.

• Jason2 months agoReport

I highly disagree with you , you don't know what evidence i have you don't know how long I was waiting for a permanent position you only know 20 percent of what I shared but thanks as said if you can read it wasn't my reasoning for denial , 

Your reasoning is not going to fly at the hearing.

• Maxi

So you are claiming unemployment benefit and refusing to work at a one day job offered, so of course you will have to explain why you think the tax payer should pay you rather than you earn money to support yourself...... do I think you will win at the hearing? No, it is more likely your unemployment will be stopped as you are not taking jobs offered

• Maxi

Not inorrect at all, you have been rumbled by benefits and have to go to an unemployment claim hearing to explain why you should be allowed to continue to claim!

Training for furniture delivery? That's a stretch.

• Jason2 months agoReport

Tell me about it 

• In

Hearing with who?  I would suggest signing up with a different temp agency since these guys don't seem to be wanting to do you any favors.

• Jason2 months agoReport

Unemployment claim sorry