I sent a girl a text message I regret. What do I do?

I am a lesbian and I was talking to this girl for a while. We both were interested in each other dating wise. I was developing a huge crush on her during this time. However, she than all of sudden texted me she didn't think we were compatible. While, I thought the opposite I respected her decision to stop flirting with me. I was feeling sad right when this happened and sent a text message that I regret. I didn't say anything bad in the message, however, I made it way too long. I got too emotional. If it was a lot shorter the message would've been fine. I told her that I respected her choice, that I thought she was an amazing person, wished her well and I don't think I want to be friend cause of my attraction to her. I confessed that I did have a huge crush on her when we were seeing each other(that part definitely wish I omitted). I just added way too much detail and made it way too long. I started to freak how long it was a little after I sent it. It's been 2 days and she still hasn't text back. I don't want to talk to her just wanted to make sure she didn't think I was crazy for sending it. I feel like there is nothing I can do now. However, as much as I want to part ways I just don't want her to think I am crazy. Thoughts?

Let her go, if you were meant to be a couple, then she'll come back to you.

• reme_1

Oh we do so many things that we regret later. Thankfully this was not monumental. Let it go. She will think what she wants. You have no control over that.

(As a senior lesbian I have had the pleasure of falling for straight women and then dying inside. )

May I suggest that you get busy meeting new people to take your mind over this lady. Or starthanging out more with your friends. My best!!

• Move on. She is respecting your choice.

LOL, long text, just like your question ;) You are definitely talkative. Maybe she likes the quiet type.

I wouldn't worry too much about it though.

Most everyone has sent a text they wish they didn't.

Best to be quiet now because anything you add to it, just makes it worse.

The ball is in her court now, she knows how you feel. Give her

some time. 

• Sam

LOL, long text, just like your question  ;)   You are definitely talkative. Maybe she likes the quiet type.

The ball is in her court now, she knows how you feel.  Give her 

some time. 

You can't unsay words.

Since this is not going anywhere anyway, I think the best would be not to text her again at all.

It will only make you appear more desperate and obsessed than you are.

Just send a text saying you’re sorry and to forgive you if she can. Either she will or she won’t.

In life you need filters. Before you say - or text anything - decide if 1) it is true 2) it is kind 3) if it improves the situation 4) is it necessary. 

What you sent out might have been true at the moment, but it did not improve the situation, it was not kind or necessary. Learn your lesson. Choose your words and texts with care because once you put them out you can’t retract them.