Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

What happened with my two cats?

I have an adult male cat and I recently got a female kitten and I went through all the necessary inteodcution steps and for the past couple days when I let them hang out together they did fine and there was no hissing and they played together but for some reason now all of a sudden my older cat is hissing at her and my younger kitten is getting aggressive too. They’re not fighting just hissing and swatting. They’re arguing who can come into my room. When I put my adult male in my room he was fine but then in walked the kitten and he freaked and hissed repeatedly at it and ran out. Why is this?

• PR

Go back a couple steps and confine the kitten in a bathroom. It can take up to possibly 4 weeks for integration, and you just need to take it slow. 

Slow and steady makes kitty friends. Big boy probably needs a little more attention. Both need to be neutered, if not already.

• patty

sometimes cats will never get on. dogs are different as they are pack animals. I believe u made a mistake getting the kitten.