What did Republicans accomplish during 2017 and 2018 when they controlled Congress & the White House?

They never tried to crack down on foreign meddling. They never tackled immigration. They didn't build a wall. They didn't address infrastructure. They didn't try to improve healthcare.

But they cut taxes for the rich!

Attachment image

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Absolutely nothing for the average, hard-working, tax paying family in the U.S.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

The Republicans have not been very good at acting as a team. That was compounded by the fact that there were RINOs in the camp. You never hear of DINOs do you?

Speaker Paul Ryan was an anti-Trumper who, no doubt, held up as much legislation as he could.

Pelosi has held up the USMCA deal until now because it was in danger of making President Trump look good and she didn't want that.

• 1 month ago

The tax cuts went to everyone who actually works for a living. You didn't get yours? I guess we can figure out why not. Healthcare is not a responsibility of the federal government.

• 1 month ago

How do you know what was discussed and worked on in committees ? Do you naively want some specific handwriting on the wall ??

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

McCain was alive and lead a lot of republicans against Trump. These rino republicans + the democrats were a majority. Paul Ryan was speaker of the house. The rinos were defeated out of the republican party in 2018, and the power shifted to pro Trump republicans. However, the change out also gave the democrat seats in republican districts because voters are somewhat dumb and will vote democrats who are a ruse, pretending to be semi-conservative.

• 1 month ago

You are deluding yourself. All this was looked into. Big changes in illegal immigration policy were made. And yes, the wall was starting to be built. The tax cuts were MORE than just for "the rich". You need to start listening to new people for your information. They also made big changes that ushered in a new era of prosperity, finally.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

They watched as Donald Trump eroded the United States' standing in the world. Today, they witnessed Donald Trump calling the FBI "scum."  Republicans just don't give a damn. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's been a great year for authoritarian dictators.

• 1 month ago

They cut taxes for everybody. I'm not rich. I saved $1,800 over 2017 and my savings in 2019 over 2017 will be about the same. That's just about enough to pay for the increase in my health insurance premiums for 2011 and 2012 from what they were in 2010, because of Obama's Democrats. I'll never be made whole from that, but the lower taxes help.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

They cut taxes for everyone. Except for those who don’t pay taxes. That would be you. 

Not surprised you think this. Like the typical low IQ libtard you get your “facts” from memes. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.