Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 month ago

Will they accept immigrants into the USA like me?

I am 26, applying alone, and have some job experience. I am from Sri Lanka, and Tamil

. What type of qualifications would I need to be a scientist researcher working in America? Is it a good option for me.

Do you have to say an oath in front of people. Thanks

I may try investing and working from home too. I think it will be helpful.

Favorite Answer

You might have a better chance with the British.   Get on the internet and try to find some of your countrymen living in the country you are interested in and talk to them.   Try   https://www.everyculture.com/multi/Sr-Z/Sri-Lankan...

• Earleen
      1 month agoReport

The question is why are you outside of the loop?  You should know other microbiologists and people who can help.

you don't meet qualifications...so no.

Unless you are independently wealthy, an internationally recognized genius, or a super model you cannot apply for immigration to the USA on your own.  You also cannot apply for a USA work visa on your own. You need a USA employer who can + will sponsor you for a work visa. 

Your doctoral degree is in which branch of "science?" What is your specific research area, was your doctoral dissertation research considered "significant" by professionals in that field, and have you been invited to present at international meetings of your professional society/ies? In short, what is your education & international reputation in the field? If a research institute or university wants you, they will invite you.

Scientific researchers hold PhDs from highly regarded universities. Without that, having "some job experience" is quite useless in immigrating practically anywhere in the world now. Worldwide labor glut of a billion adults now, with another billion on track to enter the world's workforces over the coming decade. And in the Post-Jobs Era, working from home anywhere in the world means employers do not need to hire abroad & obtain expensive employment visas, nor do people need to immigrate somewhere to work. You can work at home in Sri Lanka - IF you have skills in demand.

• Maxi

You will require a work visa and that will be sponsored by the employer who offered you the job and that requires you to be highly educated and skilled in the work you do

• Lisa A

You need to start with a work visa. Once you have a PhD in a hard science, you need to find an employer to sponsor you for the work visa. After 6 years, if the employer wants to keep you, they sponsor you for a green card (permanent residence)  and you are finally an immigrant. 5 years after you get your green card, you can become a citizen.

• 1 month agoReport

Thanks, I hope there are several Microbiologist openings for now.

• Kelley

You need a work visa.