Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationAircraft · 1 month ago

What causes engine failure?

On a small bombardier flight my planes engine shut off while I was on the engine seat coincedently, the other one as well which caused a drop in the altitude which caused me to feel dizzy. The plane glided through the air but it didn't occur to me that it happened after some years . I'm not sure, it was a rough landing but it seemed normal. No one cared.

Thanks for answers. 

I was 22 then and didn't expect that. 

My family is Tamil from Sri Lanka and don't know much about flights or aviation. 

Inside Canada some sights have a double location but both are the same, the other one is located off a map. In the flight the CN tower looked like a Lego piece, no one was in it. 

Favorite Answer

I don’t know sorry

• FanMan

Almost certainly the engine didn't fail.  When the aircraft nears its destination, the pilots reduce power to establish a  descent to the airport.  Perfectly normal.

• rob1 month agoReport

Amazing interpretation of some severely bad English skills 

Highly doubt your story.  A twin engine failure is rare but all it means is a crashed aircraft.  The other engine did not fail or the pilots were able to restart one engine and flew the plane to the nearest airport.

• 1 month agoReport

Oh it was towards the skyline of the us Canada border on the water. I must remember it wrong.