I hit my hand against my bed frame and my hand hurts in between the fingers. Feels swollen?

Its finals week, some stress from home and school got to me so i punched my beds back frame as hard as i could, i tore the wood base apart from the bed, (its probably weak wood) and about a day later my hand started to hurt when i was writing or filling in bubble answers. Its been two days now and my hand started feeling swollen, so i put ice on it and it feels better, is this something i should be worried about?

• Joe

Hell yeah !!   I'd be worried that you have so little control over your behavior and emotions that you punched something hard.  Go get someone to speak with about this.

At the very least its a bone bruise, at worst its a fracture! You need to go down to emerge and get x-rays done to see what the next course of action is, if its a bruise then it will go down on its own, if its fractured you may need surgery.

I don't feel sorry for you though, this is what happens when people decide to act like idiots. I mean, what did you expect would happen when you hit your hand violently against a hard object? I mean surely you knew this could happen right? Clearly you didn't think things through.

Time to smarten up.

• Ruben1 month agoReport

No I did not think it through. It’s funny cause I’m in my first terms for nursing. It was a cushion backboard and even though I learning in psychology all the benefits of controlling your anger I did let all my problems get to me.