Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 1 month ago

Buy a budget laptop?

Hi. I have a 2 year old i5-7250 lenovo laptop. Is it worth it to buy a i3-8130 new laptop with about the same specs and RAM?

Do you think the i3 new laptop may run slightly faster than the i5 old laptop? Just an approximate guess will do.

I am on a limited budget.

Thank you so much for your time. Have a nice day!! :)

Hi. My current laptop is not working too well.

Favorite Answer

Short answer: No

Long answer:

i5 has turbo boost which allows the CPU to run faster when you need it to. Even though the i3 is newer, it will likely be slower than your current i5 CPU.

Your laptop's only 2 years old, why are you looking to buy a new one? Don't buy what you don't need unless you plan on reselling it or something. Laptops will only get better with time. Use what you got until it can no longer meet your needs then get the newest laptop on the market.

No, it won't.  Why do you need a new laptop?  If it's just to have a "new" machine don't bother. Use what you have as long as it works well.

Buy a budget laptop question?