damion asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

Going to boyfriends dads wedding ?

I’d appreciate the help here a bunch, I’m panicking. I have really bad anxiety. I have medication but for some reason I’m on the verge of a panic attack. So it’s my boyfriends dads wedding and we have to go to his house hours before with all the family there, I’m so scared to go, I get the shakes and I just know I’m going to shake uncontrollably when having a conversation with someone, then we go to the wedding, even worse. I have to sit and eat food that’s been ordered that I don’t like ( I’m a fussy eater) and then more conversations with more family members, I’m just really scared of shaking and stuttering, and people asking what I do for a living as I’m currently unemployed and the whole thing is embarrassing. I don’t really know what I’m asking, but I guess for how to not shake and get out of this frame of mind. Many thanks 

If this type of event reduced you to panic even beforehand, perhaps you should regretfully decline the invitation.

i would just go and try to have a good time and get some help for your issues