Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

How to be more motivated?

I really hate the state I'm in right now. Im a junior is high school (11th grade) and I know this year counts the most when colleges are looking at applicants, but Im just so lazy and unmotivated these days. I want to be motivated and be like those kids who are really knowledgable in philosophy, tech, politics, etc. They're super cool to me because they manage to be super smart while staying social and being popular. Literally I hate my life.

Favorite Answer

There is no easy solution for you. 

The super cool people you admire are disciplined. They make the time to work in order to be able to stay social.

You need to organize you time better. Just one example: play your video game for 10 or 15 minutes instead of 1 or 2 hours. Time yourself and stop playing when you hear the buzzer. That is discipline and motivation to change your life into one you feel good about.

Good luck.

maybe you could reward yourself when you do stuff

Read Nahjal Balagha by Imam Ali . Imam Ali is the best of anyone who is stepped on earth and has left us his book from 1100 years back . You should read about the Ahlul Bayt , and spend abundant amount of time reading 12 Imams . Read about Imam Ali and also the tragedy of Karbala. https://www.imamali.net/?fid=4 . If you can you should try visiting the shrines of the Imams. These 12 Imams are perfect proof that God exists and how to obey him in the most wisest manners