Anonymous

Is it weird for a 14 year old and a 17 year old to mess around?

When I was 14, I was friends with a 17, almost 18 year old. It was a vulnerable time for me, my friends kinda weren’t around anymore and I was depressed and some other stuff. This person was very willing to be my friend though and it was nice. They encouraged me to do sexual things with them. And some other irresponsible stuff, but that’s not what I’m asking about. I didn’t really question it, idk. So we messed around. 

I’m 21 now, and I feel really weird about all this, looking back. I feel...manipulated. Maybe if I wasn’t so depressed at the time and desperate for a friend I wouldn’t have been so willing. Is it okay to feel weird about this?

Was it weird that we messed around despite our age difference? I mean 4 years would be no big deal now but at 14 it is, right? This is weird right?

• Foofa
    Favorite Answer

It's a little weird and sounds like it was a bit predatory. But unless it affects your daily now you should probably just see it as youthful indiscretion. We've all done things we regret and we've all been suckered into things by others who didn't mean well. As long as there's no permanent emotional trauma it's probably best to not dwell on this.

• Iambi

I started messing around at an early age as well I was 13 he was 17. I think you are fine huh you have experience and that is something I like and I believe most women want! Embrace it!

Ooo, i would have loved to have messed around with a 17 year old girl.