Eliza asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

I can't concentrate on ANYTHING for more than, like, 2 minutes. What do I do?

Problem is, all of my schoolwork involves a lot of reading. I have like less than a month to do dozens of assignments, and all of them involve pages and pages of (cough cough boring) readings. I can't sit down and read all of it, I get distracted by anything, even just scrolling up and down is better...

It's not only schoolwork, though that's really the main problem. I have all these books I want read, but unless I'm on an airplane or something, I can't read them. Hell, I don't even listen to endings of songs! As soon as the singing ends, I skip the last 5 seconds of instruments.

I don't know if this is normal or not, is it's ADHD, stress, whatever. But it's really affecting my life and I don't know what to do.

You should do meditation. It will improve your concentration.

Source(s): Fitnesshealthforever

maybe you should get checked for ADD

Exercising strengthens the mind.  You might ask what exercises?  I say start with exercises that only use you.  Go walk the dog,  do some push ups, or sit ups.  These are simple ones.  You can pick others.

There are times when you can be hyped up, and reading a book might not work so well.

What are you doing on airplanes?  I was aiming that at a kid school thing.

If adult, then get serious about some exercise.

• Rick

Ever been tested for ADD/ADHD ?????

• Eliza1 month agoReport

No I haven't, cause my parents don't believe I have ADHD (they think it's just my anxiety)