Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

When people burn in hell, is it their spirit that is burning?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

It is their astral body.

• 1 month agoReport

No such thing has ever existed 

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Of interest...

" I would have died at the very sight of these tortures if the omnipotence of God had not supported me. Let the sinner know that he will be tortured throughout all eternity, in those senses which he made use of to sin. "

"I am writing this at the command of God, so that no soul may find an excuse by saying there is no hell, or that nobody has ever been there, and so no one can say what it is like"

...Saint Faustina claims she had a vision of hell - and no doubt she did. 

But whether she understood that vision entirely clearly, or whether it was colored, to some extent, by her own expectations or speculations or cultural assumptions, is hard to say. 

The torments of hell described by St. Faustina are probably not far from the reality of what total, eternal loss would be like, both spiritually and physically. 

Somewhat similar, sobering truth is related in the words of Jesus Christ in the gospels, and in the Catechism (1034-1036).

If we look more closely at her vision, St. Faustina does not actually say that "God" is the one who "tortures" the souls in hell, or that He is the one who "designed" special torments of the flesh for each particular kind of sinner.

Unofficial Catholic tradition tells us (largely based on the visions of other saints and blessed) that it is Satan and his demons that do that. 

After all, to reject God is to choose instead the company of those who hate and despise Him, and who thereby hate and despise the creatures He made in His "image" (Gn 1:26-27)! 

• 1 month ago

No body is going to be burn in Hell forever and ever.

God is loving, kind and full of mercy.

Hell is the grave where your flesh body goes once it dies.

The Lake of Fire is what most are referring to when they speak of hell.

The Lake of Fire is a real place and is where those who do not pass

the Judgment go.

The First death is the death of the flesh body and the second

death is the death of the soul in the Lake of Fire.

Both your soul and spirit cease to exist forever.

Matthew 10:28 “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.”

• 1 month ago

Nobody goes in imaginary places. Do you think Wonderland is real too?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Paul
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

We use "burning" as symbolic of Hell because it is about the most painful thing we can experience on Earth. However, the pain of Hell will far surpass anything that any human being has ever experienced on Earth.

• 1 month ago

no hell only exists in the depraved minds of the religious kid

• Rico
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

At present, no one is burning in hell.  Those who have died and not had their spirits taken to be with Jesus are currently as if asleep.

At the end of the millennial reign (which will be in heaven) all the wicked will be resurrected to suffer the second death at which time they will be thrown into the lake of fire.  Then, their bodies and souls will be incinerated and it will be as though they have never existed at all.

These details are written in the book of Revelation which is in The Bible

• glcang
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No , it’s just their shoes.

• 1 month ago

Meshach . Horshack and Abednego and a unknown who went by Cadirach 

were more like sunbathing in BuoBoos Furnace so 

Eevry body take their clothes off - It's Getting hot i n here 

I'm leavin with the rest of my heathens 

• k w
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

not burn, but blotted out, what kind of heaven would it be with screaming etc ?

you listen to the wrong people....maybe read for yourself , and use a concordance and Bible dictionary especially look up the words you're sure you know

• 1 month agoReport

"Hell", not "heaven". OP never said ppl burn in agony in candyland, just bad candyland. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.