NA asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

Do lawyers tell you if you don’t have  case? ?

I’m just wondering. I had a couple of lawyers look at my case but did not tell me I don’t have a case yet..... how do you know if you have a case or not ? 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

If they're willing to take the case on a contingency basis (they don't get paid unless they win), then you likely have a case.

If they want you to pay one way or the other, then you might not have a case.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

If you went for a consultation to find out if you had a case and to considering hiring the lawyer to sue for you, then yes, they should have told you one way or the other.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience.
  • 1 month ago

they might tell you but you need to ask them if they dont

• Mike
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you're asking them to take your case on a contingent fee basis, they'll tell you right away.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes... they don't want to waste their time doing a case that they cannot win, and more importantly might get them censored, if not disbarred.

"Frivolous litigation"

"No Merit"

• 1 month ago

Are you assuming the lawyer knows everyone's testimony in advance?... 'cuz that would be a false assumption. Did you pay the "couple of lawyers" to write up memoranda of law with their professional legal opinions including cases and code sections cited and attached in support? Bet not. Sometimes you don't get whatcha don't pay for.

• 1 month ago

The good ones do. As always, you may FEEL free to ask for what you want. Adults do.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.