John asked in HealthOther - Health · 2 months ago

Do I have calcium deficiency? ?

(I understand I should see a doctor about this, which I am. I have an appointment next week. Just wanted to ask here before going)  Short back story... I used to drink A LOT of milk, and it was basically where I got most of my calcium from. A few weeks ago, I stopped drinking milk, mostly to lose weight. I understand this was a very stupid decision considering I didn't even think about replacing my calcium source. Well come about a week ago, I started having chest pains, and a few days later, some back pains. I went to the hospital for the chest pains and they just said it was a musculoskeletal skeletal thing and gave me motrin. They ran a bunch of tests and found nothing wrong with my heart or lungs. My skin has also started peeling and breaking out in places, and ive been feeling a lot fatigue and confusion. Today, I decided I drank a bunch of milk again, wondering if it was because I haven't been getting much calcium, and almost instantly, my confusion and fatigue went away. I haven't felt this good mentally in a while. My chest and back pain are also slightly better. I'm definitely gonna be drinking a little bit more milk/eating calcium rich foods since it seems to be helping. I have pretty high anxiety, and I've just been thinking I've been dying this whole time. I know this sounds like a stupid problem, but I know almost nothing about health. I am very willing to learn though!!

Sigh......you're ridiculous. Not drinking milk for a couple weeks wouldn't do this.

take it from me, doctor rajesh you most definitely have calcium deficiency

only a doctor can tell you that, and if you post this on healthtap.com a real doctor will email you back