Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

Is this enough child support from my child’s father ?

My child’s father pays me £180 a month for our daughter he earns like £400+ probably more a week he doesn’t have any other children he works full time and lives with his mum so doesn’t have anything to really pay for my daughter , she never goes to his or stays over , I mean would allow her I’ve never stopped him from seeing her never but he doesn’t ever do anything with her she’s 19 months and he has never taken her out he will visit once a week for a few hours. Is £180 by uk government enough for what he earns. Just curious.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

UK - As far as I know the child support agency is not taking on any more claims but they will advise you roughly how much he should pay but as far as I know it is 33% of his wages - be careful if you claim benefits because what he gives gets deducted from your benefit, Good Luck

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

That's up to the courts, not random strangers on Yahoo.

• 1 month ago

it is if its enough money to help you out with

• Jill
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The might help - https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/... -  there is a calculator you can use there. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's likely not even his kid.

• Stacey
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

so £45 a week from his 400 plus wage.thats crazy.you deserve so much more.being a single mother is so hard(i know)

did he ever see you poo?

• 1 month ago

It is not enough money but is still close, you would need 20 more for it to be legal

Attachment image
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.