Failed driving test. Certificate marked as passed? ?

So I failed my test with one serious fault. The examiner is a decent guy and we both knew I failed immediately. He explained it to me just as he’s supposed to. However, he still marked the certificate as a pass, despite there being a serious fault marked. I’ve heard you can appeal results and at the very best get a free test but NEVER overturn the result. So where do I stand? The certificate says I’ve passed, despite it being impossible. Also in the three weeks you have to wait for your new license apparently a pass certificate is sufficient evidence for a pass and allows you to start driving immediately.

Honestly, what would you do?

You failed, you know you did.  Get some practice in and retake the test.  Hopefully you will pass next time.

"He explained it to me just as he’s supposed to." NOPE!

AN EXAMINER IS NOT A TEACHER so that is not his job.  You failed, you figure it out because everything else is just as important. Especially if it is SERIOUS. Screw your appeal. Won't happen.  It is no different than failing on a written test.  Appeal all you want, you still failed. Practical road test is the same thing.I would get that CLARIFIED WITH THEM.  Without a legal license you can not get insured.  SERIOUS IS SERIOUS.

• Edna

If the examiner passed you, then what are you complaining about?  You have nothing to appeal - you PASSED the driving test. 

You don't have to score 100%. You can fail to pass several elements on your test and STILL "pass" the test, if you've accumulated enough points on all the other elements that you were being tested on. 

Keep cool - you're good to go!  You'll receive your permanent, laminated  license in the mail in about 2 weeks. On the same day you passed the driving test, you should have been given a temporary paper license to use until your receive your permanent license. If, for some reason, you weren't given one, go back to the DMV office and they'll print one for you to use. 

• Erik

You're overthinking it.  You passed, get on with your life.

• May

What are you complaining about ????

It is not impossible.  You passed with one fault noted.

Are you nuts ?  . Why would you complain about passing a test that you took so you could pass and get a license?   Jeez 

"Never look a gift horse in the mouth"

Your pass certificate enables you to drive legally immediately. 

I would wait and see what happens. They might send you the new license because he marked "pass", even though he shouldn't have. Or maybe not.

• Edna
      1 month agoReport

You don't have to score 100% in order to 'pass' the driving test. He'll receive his laminated license in the mail in a few days. He passed the test and the examiner indicated that he passed. 

i would talk to the dmv about it

If the certificate says you passed, you passed.

Examiner gave you a break.  He probably thought other than the fault, you really did very good.  Or maybe because his stock in Apple that he bought this year is up 60%.   Keep your mouth shut.