Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Should I divorce my wife?

We’ve been married for 7 years, but together for 9. These past few years have been the worst few years of my life. We barely speak to each other, all she does is lay around watching tv and eating. I can’t get her to do anything. We rarely have sex, her and her family basically live for medicine. Their entire lives revolve around how and when they’re gonna get medicine. It’s sickening. She’s gained weight, all she does is sleep and lay around, she’s jealous too. My facebook profile picture was “public” instead of “friends only” so she woke me up early this morning to tell me I need to change it. On top of that, I’m so bored with life in general, I just want to take off and start over. I’m 30 and I feel like I’ve wasted almost 10 years of my life now with this person and it’s steady getting worse. There’s no talking to her. I’ve tried. She says things will change but she never does anything to change anything. She’s so boring. I can’t believe how boring she is. She may as well be a piece of furniture that eats all the food. She’s there, but she’s not, you know. Idk, I just feel like I should divorce her and stop wasting my life with someone who doesn’t care about themselves enough to put effort into their own life. I can’t take watching her sit around in this couch for another 7 years. I’d rather just die now and save myself the misery of being with this person. 

• Foofa

You don't mention having any kids, so sure, divorce your wife.

Well, I'm sure you know the answer to this already, and Yes it will get worse. 

Well, it looks like you have a decision to make, and most guys would just make one.

Plus this sounds like some girl wrote it, and i'm sure she did

So what you’re saying is, you’re married and you’re a beta trying to find his balls? 

Most modern wives are worthless. Remember that and don’t ever remarry. They will be whatever it takes to get married and then a year or into marriage you meet the real person who sucks the life out of you. Don’t fall for any of that traditional marriage crap that ended in 1970’s. Modern wives are leeches, and you have one that is using you now. 

Find a good attorney, I would recommend a woman attorney that specializes in Family Law and prepare to eject Jaba the Hut’s wife back to a  universe far, far away. 

Source(s): MGTOW
  • .

Does she have work to go to during the day? 

And how does anyone have anytime to sit around all day unless they have an illness that keeps them from getting up and doing things. 

What you can do is change something in your marriage now. If you have a lot of time on your hands and don't work and your economical situation can afford it, get yourself a motor home, and do some travelling together. 

If she is acting non communicative you might want to start picking up the action in your marriage with getting her out, go swimming, horseback riding, camping and going to a resort and/or spa and make it a yearly thing.

It's obvious that she needs more stimuli in her life, and just maybe you can pick out the things that you 2 can do to get your lives moving again.

Something like this happened to me. After losing both my mother and mother in law to cancer, and died 48 hours apart, I started shaking, I was so much in shock it was debilitating. 

My husband and the kids planned a trip to London UK and this extreme event that we had never done before, put the life right back into me. When we got back, my husband was happier my children where feeling better and I began to heal. Everyone did. 

Creating a positive event overshadowed our worst nightmare of losing family members.

So if your wife is suffering I would suggest planning something and just go on a distant vacation. 

My question would be, what are you waiting to divorce her?

She clearly doesn't care about herself or the relationship so I don't see her changing. Stop wasting your time here.

• IMAL1 month agoReport

Really!! U all believe this lying piece of ****?
      Hell its not even worth it anymore.
      What kind of “MAN” goes on Yahoo to bad mouth his wife? A lowlife with no morals or character! What a prize🥴

Sounds like you should but give her a clear ultimatum and clear signs that you're more than capable and ready to move on from someone who is dragging you down. Be honest, sensible and understanding to what your wife has to say. Good luck.

Life is short and it's up to you to create the type of life that you want.  You have put a lot of time into this relationship.  If you feel you have honestly done your best to be a good and loving husband with realistic expectations (nobody is perfect) and nothing you do works, then yes you should leave.  If you haven't done your best then give it your best for the next 6 months and see if things change.  If they don't, you should leave.  To make a marriage work you need both partners to be working toward the same goals of having a happy life together.  If neither or only one are willing to do that, then it will never work, and that's what you should tell her.  You don't need to be angry about it.  Just do what you need to do so when you look back you won't feel the need to beat yourself up about it.

One more thing.  You didn't say if you have kids or not.  If you have kids that should make you BOTH want to try harder.  If you don't have kids then it's much easier to break it off before there are other little souls in the picture.  This is not to say if you have kids you should fake it.  Kids are just as damaged by parents who fight and don't have a good relationship as they are by parents who split up.

Then divorce her. I'm not a lawyer, but get one and make notes of everything. I imagine in a divorce proceeding you will want all the evidence that you have tried to make it work but she just has no interest anymore. Once this is done you can go out and find some hot, interesting women at a bar and take them home with you. That will work wonders for your confidence and enjoyment of life.

• IMAL1 month agoReport

Ya gaby pull up all ur evidence!

When my marriage was ended every way but officially after 2 years, I left.