I want to major in liberal arts however I want my masters in something specific. That are my options?

• Laurie

You are going about this all backwards. You don’t decide what to study until you know what JOB you are preparing for.

Research careers in which you are interested, including employment and salary projections FOR THE AREA WHERE YOU PLAN TO LIVE (it makes a difference). Your librarian can help you locate this Dept of Labor Information.

Next, research the academic requirements for the jobs you are considering, along with other requirements, such as certification, internships, and licensing.

NOW you are ready to look at schools to determine which schools offer the program(s) you need. Eliminate the schools that are not geographically or financially available to you. Take into account the caliber of the faculty in your field.

Narrow this down to the “top three” FOR YOUR PURPOSES, regardless of other people’s opinions.

Remember, the “best” school for biology may not be the best school for psychology, computer science, or music. Someone else’s “best” school may not be best for YOU.

Good luck.

i would talk to a counselor at your school about it

JUST DO IT!..................

I am unfamiliar with the term. What makes the difference between art and liberal art?