Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 1 month ago

Can I press charges against my landlord for sexual horeassment?

I'm a single mother of 3 struggling to get by living in a small apartment.  My landlord has recently started harassing me by demanding sexual favors.  He is telling me if I don't comply he will throw us out on the curb.  I feel like I'm being horeassed and don't know what to do.  He sent a nude picture to my phone as well.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • zipper
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Why have you not gone to the police about this?  What he is doing is very illegal, I hope you saved that picture so you can show that to the police as well.

• Login to reply the answers
  • nanu
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

see an attorney.....................

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Are you back with this BS again?

• 1 month ago

Speak to the police. You can get him done for public indecency if nothing else.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

You cannot press charges.  Only the police can do that.  You have options.  Ignore him, tell him no and to stop bothering you, block him on your phone, consult a lawyer, etc.  If you decide to consult a lawyer, he will get it all stopped immediately.  It will cost you a bit of money.  Not too much, but he wouldn't care evict you (without cause) and he will leave you alone.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Landlord & Tenant law experience.
    • SumDude
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Don't feed the troll.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I think you should pack up your belongings, and then leave.

It will be his word against yours. Sure you can show his picture to other people, and say whatever he said to you to other people, but the problem is you don't own any assets, so you can easily be told to leave from wherever you are living, and then you will be homeless.

If you have a poorly written lease, expired lease, or you don't have a lease then I suggest you pack up your belongings, and then leave. Because it would only be a matter of time before you get kicked out from the apartment.

What I am doing now is I am saving as much money as I can, so I can buy my own home. If you did what I am doing then I think it would be difficult, or impossible, for another human being to make you homeless.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Trolltown landlords are sleazy like that.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

tell the police about it, he'll be the one having to leave

• 1 month ago

You can take the proof and information you have to the police and see if they would like to press charges. I feel like the landlord could try and retaliate and evict you though.

I think you should post about this on the legaladvice subreddit on reddit. They might be able to give you better advice than people on here.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Stop wishing he had any interest in you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.