If I swore in and started in the delayed entry program(future soldiers), could I ask for an extension for my ship date?

I want to know if I can get an additional 90-100 days? Will my recruiter flat out lie and say no or will I need some sort of reason. I'm up to ship in just over 30 days and would like more time to exercise and train. I would also like to save some more money.

Sure.  Just tell them that mommy wants you home for your little sister's birthday.  No problem. 

• Mrsjvb

Nope.  You either ship as scheduled, or you don’t enlist at all.  Your ship date is directly tied to when they have a slot for you at your follow on training, which is set in stone

You are going to be given a ship date which lines up with your BCT date and follow on AIT. You can ask for whatever you want, but you may find yourself with a different MOS.

you can, but it will effect your job

ship dates are tied into when your jobs training school has an open slot

so to push back your ship date, may mean there are no slots for your current assigned jobs anymore.. some jobs only have 2 courses per year

Mmkskddkxkkdjdjfjrjrj