SHOULD I BUY A FETAL DOPPLER?

I am currently 14 weeks preggo with my 4th pregnancy, and I've been looking into buying a fetal doppler to monitor my babys heartbeat. All this comes after our 3rd pregnancy ended at 18 weeks after our baby boy's heart suddenly stopped beating. Needless to say this whole pregnancy I've been very stressed out and the bigger tha baby gets the more I worry about the same thing happening, my next appointment is in 4 weeks, and even though we need all the testing for chromosomal abnormalities and Have had like 7  ultrasounds saying everything is Ok I cant shake this feeling of always fearing that something could go wrong. Now the last time I was lucky they found out within a week of my baby's passing and no infection was developed but I'm just scared to not find out and getting sick. I have read good things about dopplers but also bad things and I dont know if it'll just stress me out even more to have one. 

Any experiences of someone getting one either good or bad ones would help.

• MissA

I 5hink you might be better served by getting some mental health help, TBH.

A home Doppler is quite safe but you aren’t trained to interpret it so any reassurance you get.. is false. And any scary things you get... are quite possibly also false. Working to feet to the point where you don’t actually need that false reassurance is probably healthier.

No, you should not.  It would just lead to false alarms and constant calls to the doctor.   Trust me when I say one of the top phrases doctors hate hearing from patients is "I bought a home Doppler!"

I'm very sorry for your loss.  Be sure to keep in mind that it doesn't sound like it's likely to happen again (if it was, your doctor would have you under regular NST monitoring).  Also, you were unlikely to get an infection.  Your body would've most likely gone into labor rather than develop an infection.

No why would you? It won't change anything

I lost 3 babies to miscarriage so I understand your fear. We bought one just to ease my nonstop worry but honestly, I didn't stop worrying until my baby was born. Then of course life brought other worries lol But, if you think this will ease your anxiety get one. I'd also suggest you join a support group like maybe a high-risk pregnancy facebook group. I did and it helped having people understand my fears and worry.

Source(s): lost 3 babies to miscarriage while trying for my 2nd child, went on to have two more kids