What's the best way to convert from a Biomedical Science degree into midwifery?

2 Answers

  • MS
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    To be a midwife in the US you have to obtain a graduate degree in nursing.  So you would have to get your BSN and then go on for your MSN, where you could then qualify to be a CNM.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

    In the US? In the US, its an advance practice nurse. So your options are:  1. get a nursing degree and apply then to the masters NMW (nurse midwife--CNM) program   2. find (and that is a big if) a direct entry CNM program that combines the RN with the masters part. You should check your pre reqs just because you have a science degree does not automatically guarantee you have met all the pre reqs/

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.