Does "stool culture" examination test for blood in the stool?

I talked with my doctor about my stool colour (suspecting blood in the stool), and he ordered these tests. 

- Stool Culture

- Clostridium difficile Toxin Assay

- Ova and Parasite ExaminationI looked up about these tests, and the information on internet says that these tests look for bacteria. None of them mentioned blood. I'm afraid that my doctor ordered the wrong tests. I am planning to go see him again, and I am getting anxious. There's no clear information on the internet that says "these tests do not look for blood." 

Can any of these tests detect blood as well? 

The tests look for things that cause blood loss.

• LAN

Thanks for keeping your posting history open so we can all see your pattern of constantly posting childish and obvious lies.

It's funny how many idiots post this kind of mindless idiocy here over and over inner read of just listening to their doctor.

of course it does

since your health care  provider did not request  a blood test this may be next,,, however some labs may do it as part of there testing depends on the labs.

Source(s): nurse

The test for blood is called fecal occult blood test.  As far as i know, its not ordinarily part of the three tests you have ordered (but i may be wrong about that).   Note that fecal occult is looking for microscopic blood particles from otherwise undetectable bleeding in the upper GI tract.   If you saw red blood in your stool, you don't need a test - you already know that blood is present.   The fecal occult test would not help explain the stool color.  Maybe you have no symptoms that warrant a fecal occult test. Still you can always ask for the test.