Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

My discharge every now and then is white with a tint of green (you can’t see it unless you shine a light) is that bad?

Sometimes my discharge has a tint of yellow or green. I don’t have a fishy or strong smell down there, I just have a natural smell. But yesterday and today my discharge had a small sour smell, not super strong, but the rest of my discharge doesn’t smell like anything and I don’t feel irritated down there. I did lose my virginity a couple months ago, but my boyfriend and I always use condoms. 

I also have a creamy white stain on my underwear 

Light itching but nothing super bad

A creamy white discharge is okay but I don't know about the green yellow stuff.

Thank you for telling us about your discharge.

Your pH balance may be off right now, and that happens from time to time to us all. If you're still having sex (assuming you are), you're mixing in your boyfriend's bacteria with your own and it can take a while for your vagina to adjust, sure. Heck, I use a new detergent and I'm messed up for a minute! It happens. If you're very concerned, you can eat some yogurt with live, active cultures (or take a probiotic) That normally does the trick and should make everything right again.

It's not uncommon for women to go through this. As long as there is no intense itching, burning, or very dark tinted, foul smelling discharge, you vagina is just doing its thing and cleaning itself as it normally should.