How do men shop for women's jeans?

I am a 34 yr old guy. I have worn men s jeans all my life.

I wish to accentuate or wear clothing that is more flattering though. I feel I have nice muscular , big legs. Also I have a large rear end.

I want a more snug "fitted" Jean.

I am a size 44 in the waist for men s jeans.

How would that same size equate to a women s sized pant?

What size women's jeans do I need to buy , if I am a size 44 men's?

Also , will wearing women's jeans work well for me , if I have a large butt?

• Speed
    Favorite Answer

Women's jeans are going to be tight in the waist for you unless you get them too big everywhere else, I fear. There's a huge variation is jeans from one manufacturer to the next. In one brand, a women's 24 fits a 36-36.5 inch waist, 46.5-47 inch hips. In another, a 24 fits waist 44, hip 52. That's a huge difference.

What I'd do is literally carry a soft tape measure, like people use for sewing, and measure the jeans in the women's section (that's for larger women, as opposed to the misses section) until you have some maybes.

You can either buy them without trying on in store--which many stores would make impossible anyway--or you can then go to the store's website and order them for home delivery. Seek an online retailer with free returns and consider buying a range of sizes and styles, then sending back the rejects.

My best advice is to grab a few different sizes and cuts and try them out in a dressing room. Women's jeans are designed to emphasize butts, but they might be tight at the calves and thighs if you have big leg muscles.

thats the thing though............men dont...............................

You could start with a 22w or 24w in women's.

• Laura

Different brands have different measurements for their sizes. 

I recommend going into a store and trying different pairs of pants on. 

I also recommend looking at size charts for women's pants and measuring yourself like a woman would for pants.  By this I mean your waist and your hips should have two different measurements.  Different companies use these measurements to put a number onto a size of pant. 

shrek is obesity