Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

Why are people constantly hating on chicken breasts. If you cook them right they aren’t dry.?

chicken breasts are more expensive then chicken thighs so they are apparently of better quality. If you cook them bad boys with the right seasonings and oils and marinate for over 24 hours it’ll be so tender it melts in your mouth

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Goerge
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The same applies to a lot of food that people don't like. It's the cook behind the chicken that can make or break a recipe.

Typically speaking marinating should only take about 4 hours and 12 hours is usually the longest you want to keep them marinating. Beef takes longer to marinate and fish takes the shortest amount of time.

Unfortunately marinating is not a cure all because it still needs to be cooked and the old low and slow = tender doesn't apply. A chicken breast will fare better being cooked hot(450F) and fast as opposed to a typical 350F/175C. Then again if the cook places the breast too close to the fire/heating element the outside can turn to leather before the inside is ready.

Brining is another technique that can boost the flavor but it doesn't take as long as marinating. Longer isn't necessarily better because there will come a point where the brine/'marinade can overpower the chicken flavor or break down the chicken too much. Everything in moderation.

The cook can also go primal and tenderize them with metal or wooden tenderizer. There are also glorified culinary pincussions called needle tenderizers that have dozens of needles in rows that can tenderize the meat and will allow the marinate or brine to soak into the chicken a lot quicker.

Why? Because they're not easy to cook right.

Broil it?

Start it in the pan and finish in the oven?

Chicken breasts really are so very good when cooked right and there are less bones and they usually have more meat than other parts of the chicken.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

"chicken breasts are more expensive then chicken thighs so they are apparently of better quality."

Congrats, you fell for a marketing scam.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Clive
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Price has nothing to do with quality.  They only cost more because more people want them.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I can buy a chicken in the bag to oven cook for the price of chicken breasts Anon, just saying.;-)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

They are quite popular here in Europe.

• 2 months ago

Contemporary chefs have, in large part, changed their preference to chicken dark meat over chicken breasts or white meat. I prefer dark meat but everyone has their preferences and I do make a few dishes with breasts. Breasts absolutely can be cooked so they are very good. It is, however, amazing to me how often people over cook chicken breast to death and then act like it is wonderful...? It's certainly not to me...

• GFH
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Some people don't know how to cook chicken breast so that is is tender and moist.  

• 2 months ago

Why should I have to add oil when thighs already have natural fats in them? That said, I've found over the years to get the best out of breasts I flour them and deep fry on ultra high heat. That seems to melt away the connective tissues giving a decent chicken finger dealy. But still, I then have to dip them in sauce to have them be worth a darn.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I don't hate chicken breasts. I don't love them either. It's just that I'm the dad and the kids and the wife get the juicy, soft and tender parts first before I do.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.