Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

My dog has broke its leg - can't make it to vet until week after next week - how many ibuprofen can I give him per day?

Update:

I'm not turnin him over to no shleter. He's my dog an he'll stay my dog. The bones certain broke - it were stuck out his leg but I pushed it back in and put a kerchief tight round it.

Update 2:

I got a little diamorphine I will give it to make it comfurble. No more ibuprofen since you folks seem to think it aint no good for a dog so it aint.

Update 3:

I hope Keerok I dunt needta shoot it but thanky for the advice Sir.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Two. Until then, use a shock collar.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

How can you do that to the poor dog? You don't wait two weeks before you take a animal to the vet with a broken bone would you stay home with a broken leg for two weeks before you saw a doctor? If something is so important that you can't get to the vet then you don't deserve to have a pet

• 1 month ago

This is a troll post, guys.

I wish I didn't have to say that.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Misrepresentation is a TOS violation that can get your account deactivated. Get therapy for your obsession with animal abuse. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Willow
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

NEVER give ibuprofen, or any other human pain reliever. They cause serious liver and kidney damage that can be permanent.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If that were a horse, you'd be putting a bullet to its head already.

The dog won't last that long. Bring it to the vet now!

• 1 month ago

NONE unless you WANT a DEAD DOG! Virtually all human pain medications are TOXIC for dogs.

Get "CreditCare" or pawn something - but get the dog seen. It is a class ONE FELONY to withhold vet care to a sick or injured pet in all 50 states in the USA. You can also surrender the dog to the SPCA for care.

• E. H. Amos
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Almost all states also make it illegal to neglect an animal.  It is NEGLECT not to provide vet care to a dog w/ a broken leg.

Lv 7
    1 month ago

It is not safe to give your dog any amount of aspirin, ibuprofen or other anti-inflammatory meant for humans. Dog painkillers include carprofen, deracoxib, firocoxib and meloxicam, each of which can be prescribed by your vet.

• 1 month ago

None. He needs a vet.. So find a way to afford it sooner or turn him over to a shelter or rescue

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.