what happens to a child name in regards of being adopted and already paid for senior dues?

What i am referring to exactly is that a child adopted by foster parents not long before graduating high school and paying senior dues. Does the student go with the birth/ given name on the diploma or the new name on the diploma?

3 Answers

  • 1 month ago

    That's entirely up to the child- and the parents if the child is under 18. In the US, anyone can use any name they want as long as they are not evading the police or debts. Contact the school about getting the right name on the diploma.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

    If you are allowed to use your new name, you should definitely do so.  The sooner you switch the simpler your life will be.  Lovely that your foster parents adopted you :-)

    Source(s): I was adopted as a baby
    • Login to reply the answers
  • drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Ask your school. This isn’t something that would happen often. As the student is moving g forward with the new name, that should be on the HS diploma 

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.