frank
Lv 7
frank asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

Food: Is there a loaf of bread in the market that actually tastes like real bread?

Thanks in advance.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Ya right, IS THERE? They put so many differant things in bread these day so it will keep it kinda kills the smell and flavour of the bread. I occasionally buy an uncut loaf from Tesco (on sell by) and even then I'm struggling to taste what should be coming easy in a loaf of FRESH BREAD. ;-(

• Stanley
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Thanks for the BA.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Natures Own still has a good flavor smell and texture.round $2.50 a loaf.

• 1 month ago

Try buying from an independent baker, rather than from a supermarket or chain-store bakers -such as Greggs. Most tons of anty size will have several independent bakeries. Warning - such bread will be considerably dearer than supermarket bread.  We have an independent bakery in the centre of Hastings, less than a mile from me, I think their loaves are about £3+ or so for a smallish loaf.

• Go to a boulangerie and buy some French bread.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

GO to the supermarket bakery, and pay $5 a loaf, you'll get nice bread. You can even have it sliced there. OR you can bake your own bread ;)

• denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Sourdough loaves have the 'real yeast' taste.

• Joe
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

There is artisanal bread that is available at my grocery store that has a fantastic taste

• 1 month ago

It depends on your definition of 'real bread'. 

Where I shop they have loaves of 'artisanal bread' (I hate that term but everyone understands what it means) from a local bakery.  It's made the 'old-fashioned' way, i.e. just flour, water, yeast and salt.  With a nice thick chewy crust. This is very much like my own homemade bread (thought I usually do whole wheat).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.