Sophia asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Pushed over to the edge ?

When I was 6 years old, when my dad gotten a new girlfriend. At first I thought she was nice, but months passed by she started to physically/emotionally abused me. I kept thinking this is normal, but soon enough when years kept going by she didn’t change at all. 

She thinks her 3 children are “angels” and everyone from my dads family hates them. The reason why is because they get everything that they want. My dad is miserable and wants to leave but he is scared that she might take it too far of hurting me again. 

When ever I tell my dad that she is hurting me, or I want him to leave her. He keeps changing the subject to, “Well things will get better..Hopefully.” 

This Monster who is 43 years old keeps hurting me, to the point where I don’t want my life anyone. I feel like I’m the one who is a personal punching bag, or I’m the one who needs to be removed. 

I even told her off but she nearly lost her temper and even said, “Wish your real mom never had you and don’t deserve anything.” To make things worse I suffer from Anxiety, Depression, and I’m very Suicidal. 

I don’t think I can handle it anymore, I’m pushed over to the edge. 

I don’t know what to do anymore and I can’t get help or she thinks I’m being “an attention seeker”. Or they will tell her and she physically hurt me, and my dad won’t listen. I know some people who has it worse than me. I’m 17 years old who doesn’t want this life anymore 

- Broken Teen Girl

Favorite Answer

If you commit suicide she will be happy. Surely you don't want to make her happy!

As a stepmother she is not your parent and doesn't have a right to physically discipline you. She is committing assault every time she beats you.You have less than a year to go before you can leave the family home. You're probably in your last year of school and you're best to finish high school if you can. As a last resort you could move out now, the police aren't going to force a 17 year old to live back home.Moving out at your age will be difficult, and will probably stymie your chance of a college education, but it's better than the alternative. In any case this stepmother probably won't let your father put you through college. Is it possible that someone from your father's family would take you in? Or do you have close friends at school who would take you in for a few months?Once you leave tell your father you totally refuse to see her ever again. If he ever wants to see you again he'll have to come alone. But remember that he should have put a stop to this ages ago, even if it meant ending the relationship. So don't feel too sorry for him.