Help me decide a college?

I need to make a decision on what college I will go to next year. Im deciding between virginia tech, nc state and upitt. Im majoring in computer science. what school do u guys think i should go to?

• di

Chart it out: given that the schools you mention all probably have equal CS programs on the undergraduate level, deal with the associated expenses and offers of aid.  Select the school that best covers your total educational costs with grant/scholarship aid.  You will have plenty of time to borrow money as a grad student, lol.

• Cu Tie

You should go to Virginia Tech.

What state are you a resident of? Most state universities have perfectly good computer science programs, and it will be a lot cheaper to go to a school in your state. If you're really smart, you will eventually want to go to graduate school, and it's more important to go to a prestigious graduate school than undergrad. All of the schools you named are fine. You could apply to all three and see which one makes you the best financial aid offer. 

• .

Academically, it doesn't matter much as STEM degrees are in high demand.  Pick the one that bests fits your budget.   I would assume that all of those schools have a CS department with at least 12 full time faculty members.

My oldest son is a senior majoring in computer science at a typical state university.  Because the attrition rate is so high, there are plenty of job opportunities.  What I mean is that about 400 students declare a CS major as freshmen, but only 35-40 actually graduate with a degree per year.