Manager doesn't know who I am?

I was hired for a new job a few days ago by the assistant manager (the manager was on vacation) and when I showed up for my first day the manager was not prepared for me to show up. She said she didn't know who I was, wasn't aware I was hired, and was not prepared to train me. I was given a haphazard training and sent home early but they expect me to come back in tomorrow. What do I do now? 

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

go back and continue on

• Login to reply the answers
  • Carmen
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Pray for strength to endure this situation and try to speak to person who hired you to see if this can be straightened out professionally so you benefit at job . 

• 1 month ago

You come back tomorrow.

• 1 month ago

This is a **** up on their end, don't let them put the blame on you here!

The manager is the one who makes the decisions about hiring/not hiring process, that doesn't fall on the assistant manager. So, if she didn't know who she was hiring, that's on her for messing that up, she clearly wasn't on the ball with it, and quite frankly seems to have poor communication skils with the rest of her staff.

There's nothing you can do- They made the decision to hire you, its on them to find the time to train you and give you important details about your job description. All you do is go in for your scheduled shift, and if they do train you make sure you pay attention to what is being said, and don't be afraid to ask questions if you aren't sure of something.

Whatever you do, don't let them push you around or put the blame for their poor behaviour onto you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Snoopy
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Just keep applying elsewhere and you could go back tomorrow but eyes peeled and don't answer back if they say something unpleasant. Just don't let it shatter your confidence either or enthusiasm.

• Scott
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Go back the next day.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Go in tomorrow, and hope it's a better dayl good luck

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Have you tried throwing a tantrum?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If you want the job, you go back tomorrow.

?????????????

I swear I wonder how some people are able to put on their own pants. 

Lv 7
    1 month ago

Go back tomorrow.                  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.