Is craigslist service section dead for good for small business? No calls like last year?

Cant get any work like before, first they started charging 5 dollars nowvthe cusyomers have left also. Cant get into facrbook account disabled.

Now i cant type....lol

The rumor is that facebook killed craigslist.

we can't say dead. but the horizon to inculpate a new positive approach for a new business has changed. ask more people around you who are decent at their business.

• Mark

I personally use CL to search for services.  The main issue is no way to tell how many are viewing or their reach.  You get what you pay for.  Other sites like Takl or TaskRabbit take a cut of your earnings or may even charge for leads even if you don't get the job.  FB advertising can be cheap, but I think more effective would be Yelp or NextDoor ads.  You can even join Nextdoor as a user and just monitor posts for free.

• Lv 7

what has Facebook anything to do with Craigslist?

you need to post separate problems in separate questions.

you also didn't post much information on what it is you are expecting to happen or what you have tried. if your Craigslist posts are this bad, it's no wonder you get no calls.

try putting in some effort in order to get returns. sorry if this offends you, but it is the truth. if everybody gives their best, somebody still has to lose. but you aren't even giving it your best, so...

Craigslist is good for giving away and finding free/cheap stuff.

I don't really know anyone who uses it for things like employment, home rentals, finding contractors, etc. anymore.   Craigslist has a history of being rife with scammers.

What kind of services do you provide?   Lots of home improvement businesses use Home Advisor, although it's more expensive.   You pay by the lead and compete against two other businesses.    As a customer, I like it because I know I'm going to be contacted by three providers who actually WANT the job.