Did the one-drop rule refer only to white-skinned people who have black ancestors?

I was researching, and I read that the rule said that a person with even just a black ancestor was classified as black even if he had a European appearance. but I have read nothing about how a white-skinned person with Indian, Asian, or other non-European ancestry would be classified. For a white-skinned person not to be considered white by the rule, was it only if he had a black ancestor? In this case, would a white-skinned person who has no black ancestors, but have Native American ancestors for example, be considered white under the rule?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

If some people look conventional white or nearly white in appearances, they would generally be considered only white. If

they acknowledged being somely mixed with black race or having black ancestors, nonblack peoples with racist attitudes

against black people and black people with inferiority complexes of being black would possibly consider them only black.

White passing people who acknowledged being somely mixed with different nonwhite races or having different nonwhite

ancestors are more likely to be considered mixed races than just being the nonwhite races by white people who very for

helping preserve the racial identity and status of the white race. White people acknowledging having black ancestors are

considered especially worse and more recognized than white people acknowledging having different nonwhite ancestors

because black people have more unfavorable features of appearances and lower rates of human development indexes.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes,

It was more involved with the legal systm

than anything else as half breeds got less than quadrns did & hadrns mor so than octrn flk did!

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

What you read may have been accepted a few hundred years ago, but not nowadays.

No-one cares about such nonsense now.

Skin colour really doesn't matter.

• 1 month ago

You've understood it correctly.

The "rule" was one on the long list of many invented by the white man in order to demonstrate his hatred for my people.

We, his most loyal servant, are the most hated of all those who are present in the US.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Researching what? Cite your source to give it validity.  You keep saying the

"rule", the "rule".  What rule?  Where and when?  You're talking in circles that don't seem to make a lot of sense.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.