How do I become tough?

I'm the kind of guy that isn't respected and probably get **** talked behind my back. I hate it. I wanna be tough and respected but I don't think it'll ever happen. It bothers me.

How do I get tough? Like I said, I wanna be the kind of guy that people like fear in a way, respect at a minimum.

Being respected starts with respecting yourself. As "History" suggests, find something to specialise in such as learning a musical instrument or a foreign language. You don't need to shout about it - keep quiet about it at first anyway. Learn to be a great listener. Catch an Anthony Robbins video on YouTube. Good Luck!

You get very good at something. Become an expert at something. The people who appreciate that are the people to make friends with. The people who don't respect you are NOT the people to try to make friends with. And it's that way with everyone else too. You just don't see it because it is your own wounds you are examining. Get good at something that takes effort and time and acquired skill. People who know will notice. "Respected" and "tough" have very little in common. Just because people fear a person in no way means that they respect them.