Can you make a homemade pizza using croissant dough   as a crust?

Just wondering.

if would be a very strange pizza

I don't see why not. I'd shape the dough (a rectangle is OK) and bake until it puffs a bit. Then lay down a light coating of olive oil so the crust doesn't soak up moisture from the cheese and toppings. Then build your pizza and put back in the oven. Maybe under the broiler to quickly cook the toppings and melt the cheese.

• denise

Yes, you could, maybe it will puff up more than usual dough.

It sounds great. Try in and let us know how it was.

I think you can. If you're not going to do pizza rolls but a whole pan pizza. take the advice about not weighing down the dough seriously. I would par-bake it halfway without the toppings, then take it out, add the toppings, rotate it and finish the rest of the cooking time.

Sure you can, but go easy on the toppings. Weighing the dough down with too much will burn the outside and leave the middle soggy and undercooked. It's a balance. My mom used to make mini-cheat pizzas for us kids this way (she would cut up the dough into little circles) and we would use a spoonful of sauce, a sprinkling of cheese, and sparing toppings. They turned out pretty good, from what I remember.

• Jay

Unless the laws of physics prevent it, then yes.

Yes, you can. Go for it.

Sure, but it's a bit too easy to burn. Easier to use something like pita or naan bread as the base.

• Mark

Naan works REALLY well.  So do matzoh squares as long as you spread the tomato sauce to the edge, (or else, it will burn on the edges, too).