Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Why do guys only want to fool around with me but not wanting a relationship? ?

So I’m 19 years old and I’ve been single for almost three years now, I don’t have any trouble attracting men. But I do have to say ever since my last relationship my self esteem has been knocked down quite a bit. Since my last relationship I gained quite a bit of weight from being depressed. But my weight hasn’t really been a problem when attracting someone I like but ever since I’ve been on a few dates with some guys off dating sites simply looking to meet someone and maybe find a connection. Usually these guys have out on their profile they are looking for something serious but after some dates they try to push me for intercourse when yet I’m old fashioned raised and have that right on my profile. I have a hard time sleeping with people who I barely trust plus I only slept with one person which was the person I was last in a relationship with. I usually tell these guys I like to take things slow but it doesn’t stop them from trying there best. Yes I will end up making out with a guy after a couple of dates but I didn’t really realize that may or may not be the reason the guy will think I will sleep with him.. I honestly didn’t think kissing was so bad.. My last relationship was never like this the guy I was with never pressured me he waited until I was ready. Is there something I’m doing wrong? If anyone could give me any advice that would be great.. I don’t have much people to talk about this stuff as I’m kinda a introvert/Loner. 

Hold your ground! Stay true to yourself. It is, of course, true that a 19 year old is a legal adult and people won't go to jail for trying to seduce her. While in most states in the union.. a 16 year old girl is not sexual fodder even if she looks like sexual bait. Still illegal.

If guys treat you differently now it likely has something to do with the fact that you are at least 3 years older than you used to be. Not a child anymore. I doubt you are "doing anything wrong". There are a lot of horndogs out there! I likely turned down 50 before I began my first sexual relationship at 19. It is what it is.

sounds like you are attracting the wrong guys, they only want you for sex. There are decent guys out there

I would suggest that you stop meeting guys on dating sites. Meet them in person- in some activity where you both share an interest. Join some activities at school. Generally, when guys meet a girl on a dating site, they assume the girl is desperate and will have sex with them.