Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 1 month ago

Is whistler’s green a good repair shop? My car stopped and won’t start again?

Someone told me I should have my car towed off to whistlers green when I described the problem with by 1995 dodge stratus.

The car had overheated and then had cooled down and I tried to limp a few more miles while the engine was running really rough, and then it made a loud bang and the car lost all horsepower and the. Smoke poured from under the hood.

Where is black soot all over under the hood and engine oil all over the engine compartment. It makes a loud clunk and buzzing sound when I try to start it again?

Is whistlers green a good auto shop to fix it, it broke down in Minneapolis near the State Theatre and is parallel parked on Hennepin avenue? I can’t find a listing for whistlers green, does it still exist, where is it?

Favorite Answer

Your friend is partially right.  It needs to be towed.  But to a junkyard.  It is not worth getting your car fixed.

Your car needs divine intervention......and a new engine.

Funny how often this exact same story gets posted here . . . . . I'm sure every word of it is true . . . . not.

• Erik
      1 month agoReport

I've been on here for years, I've never seen it before

• Erik

You don't need a mechanic, I can tell you exactly what's wrong with it.  You destroyed the engine!  When your engine temp starts to climb, you need to pull over IMMEDIATELY and turn the car off.

A car that old is probably not worth fixing.  If you're really poor, and can't afford another car, you would either have to put an old engine put in there, or have the original one rebuilt.  $$$$$$$$$$

• g

Your Stratus is toast!

You either blew a head gasket, or cause massive damage to a cylinder head or even the engine block.  

The cost to repair any of the above would far exceed the value of your Dodge.

It's time for the crusher.