Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

If you claim your Christian why do you lie to kids about Santa and the Easter Bunny?

The scriptures say that Satan is the “Father of the Lie”.

God dislikes liars, so do you want to please yourself or him?

A true follower of Jesus would not lie, especially to children.

You wonder why you cannot trust many folks in this world...

Favorite Answer

At Jw.org there are many answers to questions from the bible for free.

• Phil

ALL religion is lying to children.

Just because a person says their Christian doesn’t mean they are.  A true Christian follow the Bible’s teachings and by their actions they show if they are a true Christian.  Of course no one is perfect we all sin but a true Christian will follow gods standards closely.

Matthew7:21-23

Matthew7:16-20

• Phil
      1 month agoReport

The bible's teachings?  Like the books of Leviticus or Deuteronomy?   There are some great lessons there.

Because it is harmless. Because it is fun for kids. Because it teaches that giving is often times better than receiving.

I had no children, but I THINK I would have taught them that Santa and the Easter Bunny are fun things to pretend.

Always on this sort of thing, though, I remember my Grandma.  She looked after me quite a bit when I was a preschooler.  We lived close to her during those years.  She told me about fairies.  I would cry in the morning when my hair was combed.  I always had knots in it.  She told me that it was because the fairies loved to play in my blonde curls at night.  That thought made the tugging easier to bear.  She said that sometimes she would peek in on me during my nap and see the fairies there in my hair!

When I got too big for my crib, my parents couldn't afford a big girl bed, but I ended up with one.  Grandma said it was from the fairies because they wanted me to have a fairy bed.

And I still think of little powdered sugar doughnuts as fairy doughnuts because that's the treat the fairies would leave for me in unexpected places.

I found out in kindergarten that fairies weren't actually real (in the ordinary sense).  But I can never think bad of Grandma for "lying" to me.  She used fairies to comfort me and to create a bit of joy in my world.  Santa and the Easter Bunny just turn out to be aspects of your parents.  Grandma was the fairy.  I'm happy about her stories and her gifts. 

Your right Christians should not

Lie to children, this happens if you have been brainwashed for years to believe the lie. 

God destroyed people in Bible Times that followed manmade idols and such, just to have a good time drinking and partying. 

Today is like that, many don’t care why or where some teachings come from they just follow aimlessly.

But God does care how he’s respected and worshiped, not everything is acceptable to him....as proven in the scriptures.

I am cutting back on meat, well...sausages anyway.

• Rayal

One great feature of Extreme Religion is the total lack of humor and joy for anything secular.  Thou Shalt Not rather than Do This with love.

Legalism instead of compassion

Tribalism instead of universality.

Santa, the Easter Bunny bring joy to the faces of little children generally speaking and open the door for the discussion of why Christmas and Easter are important to Christians. 

If you don't like it don't do it.  But keep your judgement to yourself and and look at the log in your own eye first. 

• Jesus never kept his kept quiet or his followers 

The scripture were talking about the role Satan played in the first century when he tried to trick Jesus and it is not polite to call him a liar now because maybe he gets sad sometimes and you should be more polite to him.  It was his job to test Jesus so people would have faith so this is an unfair question.

• It's a good way to prepare them for the truth about Christianity.