Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

Can you still become an RA after having a conduct meeting?

I got in trouble at school and written up.  I had a conduct meeting found guilty for the allegations.  Will they still let you become and RA after being written up and having a 2 month probation? 

Highly unlikely.

• MS

That depends entirely on the policy of the school.  I imagine at some places that would disqualify you from receiving such a position.  I'm sure at others it will depend on the nature of the violation.  

That probably doesn't "disqualify" you.

But being an RA is a pretty competitive process.  I would surmise that most of the applicants won't have this type of infraction.  Unless you can make it a believable selling point (i.e. I screwed up but took it as a learning experience and turned it into success), it's going to be difficult for you to get hired.