Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

Is he just trying to be polite?

I have been running into a guy frequently on my college campus, and we have met previously met at a friend's parties. Since then, we have been waving/saying hi, and smiling whenever we see each other. We would chat briefly every now and then.

Now, yesterday, he asked to eat lunch with me when I was eating lunch on my own in the cafeteria. We don't know each other well, so we tried to get to know each other but there were few awkward pauses.

He is in the class above me, and he had no reason to sit with me because there were other spots, and we barely know each other. Is he just trying to be polite/ nice or is he interested in more than friendship? What do u think? Does he just think that I am a nice person and he just wants company?

Favorite Answer

He might be interested in being more than friends, but there is no need to make the assumption until he makes that obvious. It really depends on your comfort level at this point. If you like talking to me I’m on a friendly level, cool. If not, then maybe when he does things like sit with you, you can make your conversation a bit more short and maybe he’ll realize it’s better to just speak and/or have small talk like before.

maybe he likes you

spam, reported                       

• keerok

Just making friends. Nothing serious, so far.